Introduction to Consortia
Physics Research Promotion Center (PRPC) provides books and journals to physics researchers in Taiwan. The Physics Library was established on the 3rd floor in Physics Building, National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) in 1966. It occupies around 826 square meters, and also a importance place to keep physics books. In 1992, the Physics Library was set to be branck of Main Library of NTHU and connected with campus network. The readers can borrow books, reserve books and look into journals through the library. From 2014, the Library was turned into physics learning resource center.
Since 2001, PRPC invited around 32 universities and research institutes, plus 4 main publishers including APS, AIP, IOP, OSA, to form Physics E-journal Consortia. In 2018, there are 33 institutes in this consortia. It helps the members’ researchers and students, around 400,000 people, quickly and directly access to more than 50-60 journals. PRPC also negotiates and bargains with publishers on behalf of all league members to reduce journal expenditures.
PRPC will aim to get better contracts with publishers and probe into physics researchers’ need for journals and books with data analysis technique. Then PRPC can provide appropriate journals and books to advance physics researches in Taiwan.
- The Principle to join Physics E-Journal Consortia:
- Join APS: 2 or above Projects of Department of Nature Sciences and Sustainable Development, MOST
- Join APS & AIP: 3 or above Projects of Department of Nature Sciences and Sustainable Development, MOST
- Join APS, AIP, OSA, IOP: 7 or above Projects of Department of Nature Sciences and Sustainable Development, MOST
- The above principles maybe changed due to limited budget.
Download: 2018 Physics Ebooks List-PRPC
For more information, please contact: email@example.com. Or you may contact the librarian in Main Library or Physics Library in NTHU. Thank you.